Skip to main content

Baby's First Ride



Being about to watch your little one explore the new world around them is one of the most rewarding parts of being a parent. Adults do not stop to see the wonder of the things around us like babies and young children do. At this point my son was almost three months old. I have ridden and walked by this exact carousel so many times in my life that I did not even stop to give it a second look. However, while we were eating our lunch, my son was being extremely quiet in his stroller so my mom decided to just take a peek at him. She then looked up and told me that he was mesmerized by the carousel.
Once we finished eating, I decided to take him for a ride on it and see how he did. He absolutely loved it! His little faced lite up being so close to all the big lights. The entire ride he sat there in my lap smiling at taking in all the new sensations he was experiencing. 
Watching him experience new things is amazing because the more he experiences, the more he begins to show what he likes and does not like. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honest Review: Fisher Price Sweet Snugapuppy Dreams Cradle 'n Swing

Photo Credit: www.babiesrus.com Fisher Price Sweet Snugapuppy Dreams Cradle 'n Swing I originally bought the Fisher Price swing as a replacement swing for the MamaRoo Infant Seat I had, which I described my experience with in another  post . I love this swing so much and so does my little boy! He is actually in this swing right now. This Fisher Price swing has three different way you can turn the seat (left, right, or facing forward) so baby can swing different ways. The swing also has multiple speeds so you can swing baby faster or slower. There is also a musical feature where you can choose between different sounds and adjust the volume as well. Another good feature this swing has is that it can plug into the wall so you do not have to worry about having batteries handy. The mobile that hangs above the baby moves in circle to attract the baby's attention, and it has a mirrored dome that the mobile is hanging from so that your baby can see his/her reflection.  My...

Honest Review: MAM Anti Colic Bottles

Photo Credit: www.walmart.com MAM Bottles I decided to try the MAM Anti-Colic Bottles because they were recommended to me by a family member. I had originally planned to use the Dr.Browns bottles but I heard they were hard to clean at times. The MAM bottles can come completely apart which I really like because I can get in there and clean each individual part. These bottles also can sterilize themselves in the microwave if you put them together a certain way and fill it up with water (instructions on how to do this come with the bottles) which can be very helpful if you are traveling and cannot use your sterilizer. Another thing I noticed about my son is that he has a very wide mouth when he latches and the nipples on these bottles support wide latches. I tried him on other bottles with different shaped nipples and none of them really worked well for him besides these MAMs. The bottles come in 5oz and 9oz sizes and the colors available right now are purple, blue, and a yellow/...

Honest Review: Kinsa Smart Ear Thermometer

Photo Credit: www.babiesrus.com Kinsa Smart Ear Thermometer Incase you haven't noticed this about me yet, I like to use technology to my advantage as a parent so naturally when I heard about this thermometer that connects to your iPhone I had to have it. I actually have mixed emotions so far about this product.  What I like:  It syncs to your phone via Kinsa app You can add symptoms and get suggestions on how to best handle your child's condition It is east to use and set up You can easily keep a record of your child's past and present temperatures which comes in handy if you are trying to monitor your kid's fever You can buy a rectal thermometer attachment that plugs into your phone and reads the temperature that way What I do not like: It does not always sync The temperature always seems to read the same temperature no matter when I use it Ear thermometers aren't really the easiest to use on infants  While I haven't use the rectal...