Photo Credit: www.walmart.com
Photo Credit: www.walmart.com
Photo Credit: www.walmart.com
Oh formula, as much as I do not want my baby to grow up I won't mind not having to deal with formula one day. If you have seen my post on breastfeeding then you know why I ended up using formula. The first formula pictured on this post is the Similac Pro Advance and it is the first kind my son was started on. In the hospital we began to supplement because my milk was taking a while to come in, and this Similac Pro Advance is what the hospital I was at brought in for my son. I really liked this one because it has a component in it for baby's immune system that was previously only found in human milk. However, babies have sensitive tummies, mine more so than others apparently because he did not last long on this formula. When he was about two weeks old he began to get very gassy and spit up a ton. The doctor prescribed him something for the spit up and decided to try changing his formula. Since we like the Similac so much we tried the Similac Pro Sensitive. The Pro Sensitive is the dairy-free version of the Similac Pro Advances so it too had the same component to support my son's immune system. The Pro Sensitive eventually started making him have very painful gassy spells so his doctor said the next step would be Soy. Now we have him on Gerber Goodstart Soy. One thing I have noticed since being on the Gerber brand is that it has a more watery type of consistency where as the Similac had a thicker consistency. The Similac would also foam up a lot more as my son would drink his bottle.
I am not a doctor by any means so I could be completely off base here but I believe the Gerber is easier on my son's stomach because of it's thinner consistency. The consistency of Gerber reminds me a lot of the consistency of breast milk. While we are still new to using the Gerber Soy it has made a difference so far. Once it gets in his system more we will see if it changes but as of right now it has been great for him.
While all babies are different, there is one thing that remains the same.. formula is difficult. Their tummies are so sensitive and there are so many types/brands of formulas out there until it is hard to find the right one for your baby. I hope hearing about my experience has helped. The formula struggle is real.



Comments
Post a Comment